Ever considered Horseback Riding Hocking Hills? Make it a reality by going Horseback Riding in the stunning Ohio countryside at Hocking Hills Horse Rides!
Hocking Hills Horse Rides
Hocking Hills Horse Rides is based in South Bloomingville, which is 92 miles south of Columbus, Ohio. South Bloomingville is a gorgeous place and the ideal area where one can relax as they ride their horses through some stunning landscapes.
If you are familiar with the Hocking Hills area, this is located near Big Pine Road and Conkles Hollow!
When is Hocking Hills Horse Rides Open?
The ride times that are available are 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. The days that are available are Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
It is important to note that reservations are required. You can do this by contacting them directly on (740)-603-0193.
Is It Just Horse Riding?
Not at all. Visitors can also opt for a ‘Western Experience’. This experience lets you groom, tack, and even feed the horses. Whilst this is an extra experience on top of riding, it is a FREE experience. All that is asked is that the visitor comes an hour and a half early if it is the early ride. If the visitor has opted to go on the afternoon ride, you are asked to stay for an hour and a half after the ride.
Who Are Hocking Hills Horse Rides? Are There Any Weight and Age Restrictions?
Hocking Hills Horse Rides is a small family business that is based on a small, quaint farm. This charming place is based in Hocking Hills, Ohio. People ages 12 to 18 are required to wear a helmet and this is mandatory.
Anyone under the age of 12 can have a lead horse ride, but due to safety reasons, these young riders will not be allowed on the trails. Handheld horse rides cost $15 per ride. There is a weight limit of 270lb.
Are Lessons Available?
Horseback riding lessons are available. These lessons are provided by Olivia, and the lessons start at basic lessons through to more advanced lessons. The price of these lessons is $40 per hour. To schedule a lesson, call (740) 603-0193.
How Many Horses Are At Hocking Hills Horse Rides?
There are eight members of the team at Hocking Hills Horse Rides;
- Scooter is 9 years old. Scooter came from the humane society. Scooter is excellent with riders of all abilities and is a very caring soul.
- Spirit is also 9 years old and is a bit of a walker. Unfortunately, he was sick when he came to the farm, but happily, he is now in top health.
- Chief is 7 years old and he is a Rocky Mountain. He did need a bit of training, but he has now grown into himself and gives lovely rides.
- Diamond is 13 years old and in his past life he was a racehorse. When he was found he was neglected and pretty sick. It did take a lot of time and patience to get him well, but now he is a very happy and healthy horse.
- Felix is 18 years old and he was rescued from a kill pen. Felix is a loving horse who gets on with everyone. He is a joy to spend time with.
- Bue is the oldest Horse on the farm at 20 years old. He is a very trusting soul and is happy to go wherever the day takes him.
- Sassy is a cracking, fun-loving horse. She is a guidehorse and absolutely lives up to her name! When she has a day off she loves to do barrel racing as she is a lively sort.
- Angel is 16 and is known to love going on the trials. She is a very loving horse.
What Rides Are Available and What Is The Cost?
Two rides are available each day:
- The 11:30 am – 1 hour-long ride costs $40 per person.
- The 1:30 pm – 2 hours long and costs $58 per person.
Destination rides are also available:
- Crystal falls – $90 per person – 3 hours long.
- Red Rock – $120 per person – 4 hours long.
The Wander About is a 6-hour ride. During this ride you will see Crystal Falls, Red Rock, Box Canyon, Parish Rock as well as Airplane Rock. This ride costs $180 per person
Proposal ride – Want a unique way to propose to that special person in your life? Call and ask for more information.
To schedule a ride call (740) 603-0193.
Are Gift Cards Available for Horseback Riding Hocking Hills?
Yes! You can buy them from the website
I am so impressed with these young business women! We had a beautiful day and enjoyed celebrating our anniversary riding. The horses are rescue horses and each has a story and personality. Beginners need not be nervous. Highly recommended.794russell (Trip Advisor)
Cindy’s Insider Ohio Tips!
It is absolutely no secret that I am totally in love with Hocking Hills, and my family and I enjoy everything about the area, including horseback riding. The rescue horses here are very well cared for by a dedicated team of like-minded women. Whatever your level of horse riding, this is always a great experience!
Where is Hocking Hills Horse Rides Located?
Hocking Hills Horse Rides is located at: 23764 Big Pine Road, South Bloomingville, OH 43152. Phone: (740) 603-0193
Let’s Visit Horseback Riding Hocking Hills
Have you visited Hocking Hills Horse Rides? We would love to hear from you! Did you participate in the Western Experience? Don’t forget to let us know in the comments!