Walking through the Lavender Farms in Ohio will leave you with a feeling of peace as you inhale the intoxicatingly pure scent of lavender. You can enjoy this lovely activity in the summer, as lavender typically blooms mid-June through late August.
Visit Lavender Farms in Ohio
Cutting your own lavender and taking pictures in the beautiful fields of purple is a fun activity, but it’s important to remember that they don’t last very long. Make sure you think about where you want to go and then find out when their varieties of lavender bloom, ensuring that you don’t miss your opportunity. Plan ahead because you may need to make reservations!
Map of Lavender Farms in Ohio
Tips for Visiting Lavender Farms
Here are some simple tips for visiting a lavender farm in Ohio:
- Call ahead to see if you need to make a reservation.
- Wear a hat or sunscreen. Lavender is a sun-loving plant.
- Check the forecast. Activities at lavender farms are typically weather-dependent.
- Don’t forget your camera! You will have great photo ops!
- Bring cash with you in case you want to purchase something at the shop. They may only accept cash.
- If cutting is allowed, consider bringing your own clippers, as supplies may be limited. You may also want to bring a bucket of water with you to keep your lavender fresh on the drive home.
- Bees are attracted to lavender but typically will not bother you unless they feel threatened. Consider whether this is a good activity if you have a bee allergy.
- Never visit after hours or when the farm is closed.
Lavender Farms in Northeast Ohio
Part of the Northeast Ohio (NEO) Lavender Trail, this farm has more than 2,500 plants spread over a mile of land. Eleven species of lavender, including white, pink, and multiple shades of purple, cover the diamond-shaped gardens.
- Address: 360 Collins Blvd, Orrville, Ohio 44667
- Phone: 330-855-1209 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Maize Valley has even more to offer than its lavender field. They hold a festival each year in conjunction with Heart & Home Marketplace.
- Address: 6193 Edison St. NE, Hartville, Ohio 44632
- Phone: 330-877-8344 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Pegasus Farm Country Store and Gardens
On the NEO Lavender Trail, Pegasus Farm Country Store and Gardens has a lovely lavender farm where you can u-cut Monday through Saturday starting in mid-June until it’s gone.
- Address: 7656 Edison St. NE, Hartville, Ohio 44632
- Phone: 330-935-2300 |Website | Facebook | Instagram
Sandy Creek Ventures
Sandy Creek Ventures offers u-pick, beginning in mid-June and lasting until mid-July, as well as several other activities. You can enjoy an aromatic setting while doing Sunset Yoga in Lavender with a certified yoga instructor. You may also want Reserve & Relax time alone in the lavender fields, whether it be with a good book or a group of good friends.
Lavender Farms in Northwest Ohio
This lavender farm has nine varieties of lavender that are in bloom from late June through September. On the last Saturday in June, they have an annual Lavender Festival. There is a lavender labyrinth, and they distill lavender oil.
Luckey Road Lavender Farm
Luckey Road Lavender Farm is a u-pick lavender farm with 850 plants in five varieties, including culinary and craft. Their lavender shop will open this year, and new classes will be available, too.
Lavender Farms in Central Ohio
Purple Plains Farm
This lavender farm is open for picking on Saturdays and Sundays starting in mid-June until it’s gone. You are welcome to cut lavender and shop their lavender products. Try their lavender lemonade, too!
Rockside Lavender Farm
Located on the Rockside Winery and Vineyards grounds, the Rockside Lavender Farm offers lavender u-pick times in mid-June.
They also cut, bundle, and dry their lavender. You can purchase it at Rockside Winery and Vineyard as well as Wyandotte Winery. Other lavender products are available too, like essential oil and hydrosol, or lavender water, which is distilled from their lavender crop.
- Address: 2363 Lancaster Newark Road, Lancaster, Ohio 43130
- Phone: 614-357-7522 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Lane 57 is an event venue with lavender gardens. Located on 16 acres of farmland, this active working farm is a perfect barn venue for a wedding, family gathering, or other special event.
- Address: 5481 Babbitt Rd, New Albany, Ohio 43054
- Phone: 614-778-4312 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Lavender Farms in Southwest Ohio
Sunset Ridge Lavender Farm
If you are looking for a variety of lavender, this lavender field is the place to go! Sunset Ridge sits on 33 acres and has 4,500 lavender plants in 14 varieties! Whether you want it for culinary purposes, for crafting, or if you just love the fragrance, you are sure to be pleased.
They offer u-pick when their lavender begins blooming in early June, with it peaking in late June. No appointment is necessary. Dates will be available soon, so keep an eye on their website for more information.
Sunshine Acres Lavender Farm
This lavender farm will open for u-pick days from late June through mid-July. When it is open to the public, you can stroll through the lavender field, cut your own fresh lavender bundles, rest in the shade by the pond while sipping on lavender lemonade, and visit the farm animals. You can even bring a picnic lunch! Feel free to take pictures and enjoy your time.
- Address: 2471 Moore Saur Road, Morrow, Ohio 45152
- Phone: 513-472-0070 | Website | Facebook | Instagram
Cedar Ridge Trails
Cedar Ridge Trails is a family-run farm that offers ticketed u-pick days where you can peacefully connect with nature. Enjoy a complimentary raspberry lavender lemonade as you receive a quick tutorial on how to cut and care for lavender. They will supply the clippers and bundle ties.
Onederings Lavender Farm
Onederings Lavender Farm opens to the public at the beginning of June. They will have ticketed u-pick events on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm until early July. They are closed on the Fourth of July.
Each ticket includes a bundle of u-pick lavender and a glass of lavender lemonade.
Peaceful Acres Lavender Farm
The annual Summer Solstice Lavender Festival will return to Peaceful Acres Lavender Farm in 2024. In the 12th year, the festival will take place on Saturday, June 15, from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, June 16th, from 11 am to 4 pm.
Let’s Visit Lavender Farms in Ohio!
Have you had a chance to visit any Lavender Farms in Ohio yet? Which lavender farm is your favorite? We focused on a few lavender farms here, but if you have visited one in Ohio that you absolutely love, we want to hear about it! Leave a comment below and share your favorite lavender farm!
Summer is a great time for days out in Ohio with the kids! For some water play, check out River Tubing in Ohio. You will find many options at Hocking Hills Kayaking, too! Hocking Hills Horseback Riding offers ideas for a peaceful ride through some stunning nature.