Hocking Hills Adventures is a recreational venue that provides fun for all the family! Based in Logan, Ohio.
About Hocking Hills Adventures
Hocking Hills Adventures is a family-run and owned business in the heart of the Hocking Hills region.
Here you will find some of the best river trips and tours, ranging from two to five hours in a variety of boats, tubes, and rafts.
The Hocking Hills Adventures property covers an area of 200 acres and has well-equipped cozy cabins and spacious campsites along the Hocking River.
There is a family fun center with a host of activities for the whole family to enjoy.
River Trips and Tours
The Hocking Hills Adventures river trips follow a scenic seven-mile section of the Hocking River. Starting at the Rivers Edge Campground or Crockett’s Run, all trips finish at the Canoe Livery.
Natural Rockbridge Trip
Ages: 3+ | Duration: 2-3 hours | Distance: 7 miles
Choose either a canoe or kayak for this trip. Pull your boat up on shore and the Rockbridge is just a short hike away.
Crockett’s Run Tour
Ages: 3+ | Duration: 2-3 hours | Distance: 5 miles
The water on this part of the river moves slower, making this the ideal trip for beginners and youngsters. Choose a canoe or a kayak for this trip.
Hocking Hills Adventures Video 2022
Hocking Hills Tubing Trip
Ages: 12+ | Duration: 3-5 hours | Distance: 5 miles (approximately)
Have fun floating along the river on a tube! This trip starts either at Crockett’s Run or Riverside Campground, depending on weather conditions.
The trip is approximately 5 miles and the time it takes varies depending on the water level. The tubing season is usually between the end of May and the beginning of October.
There is a list of important guidelines on the website for embarking on this tubing trip.
Cindy’s Insider Tips for Hocking Hills Tubing Trip
- It is worth mentioning that when we were there, we found that parking was tricky – you need to go just past the building where you check in upon arrival. You park in a field and walk over the bridge to get back to the building.
- The river is LOW in many areas, so it’s best to go after a good rain in the spring. We went in April and only got bottomed out once, but it could have been avoided with better steering! They drive you upriver and drop you off, you float back.
- Be sure to watch for turtles sunning themselves! The river banks were pretty clean and free from trash.
- Safety is paramount! The workers were nice and properly fitted us with life vests and appropriately sized paddles.
Hocking Hills Family Fun Center
The Family Fun Center is perfect for group outings as well as a family day of activities. There are large grassy areas for games, picnic table pavilions, and a sand volleyball court.
Packages are available, check out the website page for more information.
Fun and Games at the Family Fun Center
- Go-Karts: Race around the figure-8 go-kart track! Perfect for all ages and skill levels.
- Mini Golf: A fun 18-hole mini golf course for all ages.
- Game Room: A classic 80s game room with pinballs, video games, pool tables, and a 16-foot ball bowler.
- Splash Pad: Bring the kids here for some good, clean fun at the Splash Pad! The perfect way to cool off!
- Jump Pad: Super bouncy jumping fun!
Camping and Lodging
Hocking Hills Adventures offers primitive campsites and campsites with electric hook-ups. There are also nine Amish-built cabins. Visit the Lodging and Cabins page on the website for more information.
Camping and Campgrounds
Riverside Campground (Primitive)
The most popular sites are at the Riverside Campground, where there are large, spacious sites. These sites are primitive and include a picnic table and a fire ring. Views of the Hocking River are a feature of many sites, and swimming is accessible on a few sites.
There are 80 sites at the Riverside Campground. Most campsites are around a quarter mile from showers and flushing toilets. Porta Johns are provided on-site.
Riverside Campground is close to mini-golf, go-karts, jump pad, and splash pad. Grills and shelter houses are available at the fun center at no charge.
Family Fun Center Electric Campsites
There are 30 or 50-amp electric hook-ups available at the Family Fun Center. These sites are not on the river, they are on a pastoral hillside. Each site includes a picnic table and a fire ring.
There are nine cabins that vary in size and maximum occupancy. All cabins have a refrigerator, a microwave, a grill, a picnic table, and a fire ring.
- Blue Heron Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 5
- Red Snapper Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 3
- Kingfisher Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 5
- Egret Rustic Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 6
- Red Tail Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 5
- Small Mouth Bass Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 5
- Great Blue Heron Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 6
- River’s Edge Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 6
- Woodpecker Rustic Cabin: Maximum occupancy: 4
Short Video Showing One Of The Cabins:
The river was very calm but did have some spots were the water picked up speed and made it pretty fun in those spots. There was good spots to stop on the river if you needed a break. The bus ride was very quick and is very convenient for travelers. On there river there is great wildlife with seeing turtles or birds and if the opportunity fishing. The process of getting into the kayak was very simple. Overall this is a great adventure in the Hocking Hills area.Andrew L. (TripAdvisor)
Cindy’s Insider Ohio Tips!
The waterway is very shallow; it is best to go after a rain, so you don’t bottom out. We went in April after a rain and there was only one spot where we got stuck.
Where is Hocking Hills Adventures Located?
Hocking Hills Adventures Family Fun Center and Riverside Camping:
- Address: 26633 Main Street, Rockbridge, OH 43149
- Phone: 740-385-4449
Directions Map to Hocking Hills Adventures
Let’s Go To Hocking Hills Adventures!
Have you visited Hocking Hills Adventures? We would love to hear from you! Did you camp or go for a day trip?