There are over 20+ wineries in Geneva Ohio. Plan a weekend of fun, food and great wine at the wineries in Geneva Ohio!
Let's Visit some Wineries in Geneva Ohio
Are you planning a visit to Geneva Ohio? Specifically the wineries in Geneva Ohio? Well then you are in the right place! Geneva is a fun town with beautiful scenery, fun attractions (Think Geneva-On-The-Lake) and amazing wineries!
Geneva, Ohio is located in Ashtabula County. Geneva was originally settled in the early 1800s and classified as a city in 1958. The city is actually named after Geneva, New York, which is also known for amazing wines!
Did you know that Ohio is among the top 10 wine-producing states in the United States? The wineries in Geneva Ohio produce a great variety of wines, but are best known for their ice wines! Ice wine is a type of dessert wine that is produced from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine.
It is the variety of wine that is produced by the Wineries in Geneva Ohio that is the draw. The wineries in Geneva Ohio produce everything from red, white, blush, ice wine, sweet and dry wines! You name it, it is more than likely made here. Visitors who enjoy sweet wine, seem to really enjoy the fruit flavored wines found here.
If you are ready to sip your way across the Grand River Valley, read on!
Wineries in Geneva Ohio
- Ferrante Winery and Ristorante (We have visited! See out post about Ferrante Winery here) Ferrante Winery is located at 585 State Route 307, Geneva, OH 44041 - (440) 466-8466 - Website , Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Harpersfield Vineyard (We have visited! See our post about Harpersfield Winery here) Harpersfield Winery is 6387 State Route 307 West Geneva, Ohio 44041 - +1(440)-466-4739 - Website Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Hundley Cellars (We have visited! See our post about Hundley Cellars here) Hundley Cellars is located at 6451 State Route 307, Geneva, Ohio 440401 - 440-361-3088 - Website, Instagram, Facebook
- Laurello Vineyards (We have visited! See our post about Laurello winery here) Laurello Winery is located at 4573 State Route 307 E, Geneva, Ohio 44041 - 440-415-0661 - Website, Facebook, Instagram
- M Cellars (We have visited! See our post about M Cellars here) M Cellars is located at 6193 South River Road W. Geneva, OH 44041 - Phone: (440) 361-4104 - Website Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- South River Vineyards (We have visited! See our post about South River Winery here) South River Winery is located in the Grand River Valley at 6062 South River Road, Geneva, OH 44041 - 440-466-6676 - Website Facebook and Instagram.
- The Winery at Spring Hill (We have visited! See our post about Spring Hill Winery here) Spring Hill Winery is located at 6062 South Ridge West, Geneva Ohio - 440-466-0626 - Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Virant Family Winery - Virant Family Winery is located at 541 Atkins Rd, Geneva, OH 44041 - (440) 466-6279 - Website, Facebook
- Old Mill Winery - Old Mill Winery is located at 403 S Broadway, Geneva, OH 44041 - (440) 466-5560 - Website, Facebook
- Benny Vino Urban Winery - Benny Vino Urban Winery is located at 834 S County Line Rd, Geneva, OH 44041 - (440) 361-3049 - website, facebook
Geneva on the lake wineries
Geneva-on-the-lake is a very popular summer destination in Ohio, though it provides lots of fun year round. It has a history of over 150 years! Geneva-on-the-lake can be described as a “strip” of fun. In the summer it is beaming with activity. People flock to the area to visit the shops, food, bars, activities and wineries. There are currently two wineries that fit the category of “Geneva On The Lake Wineries.” These two wineries are at opposite ends of “the strip.” While there are only two wineries in this small area, there are 20+ wineries within only a few miles!
- Old Firehouse Winery - Old Firehouse Winery is located at 5499 Lake Rd E, Geneva, OH 44041 -(440) 466-9300 - Website, Facebook, Instagram
- Lakehouse Inn and Winery (We have visited, post coming soon!) The Lakehouse Inn and Winery is located at 5653 Lake Rd E, Geneva, OH 44041 -(440) 466-8668 - Website, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram
Other wineries that are close to this area, but not officially in Geneva Ohio are:
- Rosabella Winery (We have visited! Post coming soon!) 3951 OH-307, Austinburg, OH 44010 - (440) 275-5218 - Website, Facebook, Instagram
- Emerine Estates Winery - Emerine Estates Winery is located at 5689 Loveland Rd, Jefferson, OH 44047 - (440) 293-8199 -Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Buccia Vineyard Winery and Bed and Breakfast - Buccia Vineyard Winery is located at 518 Gore Road, Conneaut Ohio 44030 - 440-593-5976 - Website - Facebook - Instagram
- Stable Winery - Stable Winery is located at 5961 State Route 7, Andover Ohio 44003 - 440-965-6900 - Website - Instagram - Facebook
Tips for Wineries in Geneva Ohio
With the current world situation, remember that many places of business including many wineries in Geneva Ohio are taking extra precautionary measures. When it comes to visiting the wineries in Geneva Ohio be sure to:
- Check the hours. Hours of operation may vary during this time. Check their websites or social media for specifics on when they are open.
- Visit during off peak times. After checking the hours/days of open operation, plan your visit for a week day when it will be less crowded.
- Bring a mask. We have visited many of the wineries listed above before and during this time. It was mixed on whether masks were needed. It truly depended on the place. So be prepared and bring one. Many places will require masks unless actively eating or drinking.
- Be responsible. That goes without saying, you are an adult if you visit and partake at the wineries in Geneva Ohio. Be sure to be responsible. There are wine limos available if you plan ahead.
Lodging When Visiting Wineries in Geneva Ohio
There are lots of housing options in and around Geneva Ohio. You can opt to stay at the Lodge, a bed and breakfast, hotels, cottage rentals, campgrounds, airbnbs and vrbo options.
You can also stay at the Lakehouse Inn. We have visited the winery here several times and the spa but haven’t stayed overnight here. We do plan to at some point. The Lakehouse Inn offers Inn Rooms, Cottages and a Beach House. We are excited to see that during the Winter of 2021 into 2022 some of the Inn rooms are under construction and updating. Adjacent to the bed and breakfast building you will find the three cottages that are available to rent. Each cottage has two bedrooms, bathroom, mini kitchenette and a stone patio. The Lakehouse Inn also offers rental of their Beach House. This is perfect for honeymoons or romantic getaways.
If AirBnb or VRBO’s are more your speed, I would suggest you check out this rental in Geneva. We have not stayed there but we did stay at their other property in nearby Madison Ohio. Looking for a space to spread out? We highly recommend this rental (VOT Verified) in Madison, Ohio. It was clean and the hosts were perfect!
Another favorite and VOT Verified Property you could stay at while visiting the Wineries in Geneva Ohio is Laurello Premium Vacation Rentals. Name sound familiar? Yes, it's the same as Laurello Winery! They have three properties located at the heart of the Grand River Valley wine region, which is perfect for staying overnight for a wine weekend! They also have four properties located within walking distance to the strip at Geneva On The Lake. We have personally stayed at a rental right next door to Laurello Winery. It was a nice sized house and fit three couples well. You can't beat the location! To find out more about the rentals, visit here.
There is The Lodge at Geneva on the Lake. This is VOT Verified, though we do not have the post completed for this. We have stayed at the lodge twice and the cottages at the lodge once. To say, we were NOT impressed with the service and accommodations for the price would be an understatement. The most recent visit was late 2021 when we stayed in a cottage. The cottage was extremely worn down, very well used and not well maintained. At first glance, the unit looked fairly clean but upon deeper inspection it was not clean at all. I am unsure if this was a fluke, but I would not stay there again.
We have stayed in the rooms at the lodge twice over the last decade. The rooms were clean but very outdated for the price point. The inside of the lodge is updated and beautiful. We have eaten at the lodge restaurant several times. Each breakfast we had was wonderful. The recent dinner in late 2021 was a bad experience. While there is a shortage of workers in many places, there were more workers/servers standing around than full tables. But we had to walk up to the group to ask to have our order taken after sitting there for a half hour with menus. Once the food was brought, it was mediocre. The server never came back to check anything, we had to approach the group once again to ask for the check.
MORE Wineries in Ohio
If you are looking for more wineries in Ohio, we have got you covered. Below is our comprehensive map of wineries in Ohio! If you do not see your favorite on the list, send us an email at team (at) visitohiotoday (dot) com If you want to level up your wine tasting knowledge, we recommend you read this book.
Have you been to the wineries in Geneva Ohio?
We are working to create a comprehensive list of the ohio wineries, tasting rooms and vineyards local to Ohio! Honestly, our great state has so much to offer when it comes to wine!
If you want to follow along in real time when we visit Ohio Wineries be sure to follow our Visit Ohio Today instagram! If you want to catch up on all the Ohio Wineries that we have already visited you can view them under our Visit Ohio Today “Winery” highlights, here. You can also visit our “Ohio Wineries” category on our site, to see full write ups of all the Ohio Wineries we have visited so far!
Regardless of where you stay when visiting the Wineries in Geneva Ohio, you will be close to the action. There are endless options when it comes to planning your trip to Geneva, Ohio. We would LOVE to hear what wineries in Geneva Ohio you have been too! Drop us a comment below and let us know!